Here we are, starting a brand new year. We’re energized, enthusiastic, primed and ready to welcome a year filled with promise and optimism. Despite a long and unpredictable 2020, 2021 will be fueled by change and adapting to new ways of thinking and working. This means that organizations worldwide will be onboarding new operational processes, revamping their workflows, and empowering their workforce, which will continue to work remotely in some capacity.
When it comes to your business’s resolutions for this year, digital transformation — implementing and onboarding new digital technologies — should be at the very top of your list. While 2021 will lay the foundation for great change over the next few years, now is the time to ready yourself and your business. Business management software implementation is not a stand-alone event; it’s a process that, more often than not, can be long, arduous, and costly.
Alongside your personal resolutions to eat healthily, keep fit and learn a new foreign language (or two), on the business side, if you’re considering an ERP solution or replacing your legacy ERP system, there’s no better time than now to educate yourself and your team. Here’s what you need to know before embarking on your ERP journey, as well as what to look for in an ERP solution.
1. It’s a big, big world. The world of ERP software is vast and complex. If you’re actively seeking to implement an ERP solution, it’s important to weigh your options and consider the specific ERP system for your organizational and operational needs before you embark on an ERP selection project. This is a critical first step that will ultimately lead to the success of your ERP implementation.
2. Make a shopping list. You want to jump-start this process by listing all the operational workflows you’re using today, and then carefully consider what needs to be amended or improved to reach your company’s realistic and measurable objectives. What are your key pain points, challenges and areas of concern? Define them for every business process that needs to be changed and make a list of the benefits you would achieve from these changes (including monetary value if you can).
3. Catch your breath. When selecting an ERP, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the many modules, features, and functionalities various ERP systems offer. Here, you can rely on your list of business objectives. Once you make this your starting point, you can add needs and requirements as you move ahead.
What To Look For In An ERP Solution
Here’s a basic rundown of some important elements you should keep in mind during your search for a solution. While not exhaustive, this list can help make your decision easier.
• Easy To Learn And Use: Look for an ERP system that’s easy to implement, maintain and enhance, where users and admins are self-sufficient, which can minimize your dependency on third-party vendors.
• Implementation Time: Ensure the ERP is agile enough to support the transfer of data from your legacy systems, to save you valuable implementation time, resources and costs.
• Scalability: It’s important to consider a system that can keep pace with your organization’s trajectory, take on new markets, and handle exponential increases in transactional volume, workloads and data.
• Feature-Rich: You’ll want a system that’s rich in modules, features and functionality to manage and control your entire business operation, including support of organizations with multiple companies, sites, languages and currencies.
• Cloud Vs. On-Premises: Think about an ERP that offers on-premises and cloud-based (i.e., SaaS) installations, both with 100% functionality, so you can decide what’s best for your business, or alternatively, migrate your current on-premises ERP to the cloud.
• Mobile ERP: You’ll want (and need) to carry your business with you. Look for a vendor that offers mobile ERP applications with real-time access that’s available anywhere, anytime, to manage your organization remotely and support your service/sales reps in the field.
• Customer Support: Last but not least, make sure your vendor is equipped to provide you with reliable and responsive customer support and service, staffed by ERP experts, to handle your questions and requests.
Choosing Ci3 as your ERP Soluion Provider
Ci3 delivers next-generation on-demand enterprise business applications for major industries. It’s a robust and scalable business solution that can handle big data and complex business processes with ease! Ci3 is a robust, scalable & flexible ERP solution that provides a comprehensive set of features based on industries’ best practices to bring the best experience at all levels of the organization. Our ERP doesn’t only offers business processes based on industry best practices but also streamlines your work through our creative and intuitive AI solution!
So, now that you’ve ushered in the new year, started on that vigorous diet and daily exercise routine, take some time to consider how Ci3’s ERP Solution can improve your business operations, your customer relations, and your bottom line.